Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner Review
Get Toned With Wella Color Charm
There is so much more to blonde hair than just blonde. With every hair color, some tones can change your hair’s shade and overall look. If you have bleached hair and want to change your hair’s tone or correct unwanted yellow or orange tones, the Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner is perfect for you.
Easily shop the product by using the links throughout this blog post!
- Perfect product for neutralizing any unwanted warm tones
- Excellent for creating platinum or beige shades of blonde
- Great way to achieve ashy, cooler-toned hair
But First, There’s a Disclaimer
As a hairstylist myself, I am obligated to tell you that I always recommend getting your hair done by a professional.
But, as a human being, I know that things happen and stuff comes up. Seeing a hairstylist might be an extraordinary feat sometimes.
If doing your hair at home is something you’re comfortable with or need to do, the Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner is the product I recommend for bleached hair in a pinch.
Now that you’re clear on the pros and cons of coloring at home, let’s get into the Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner review.
Why Use a Toner?
There are a couple of scenarios where toner performs best.
Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner is the perfect product for neutralizing any unwanted warm tones. Toner is a great way to achieve ashy, cooler-toned hair while keeping the integrity of your blonde.
Conversely, you can make your blonde warmer with Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner, if that’s the look you like.
Toner is also excellent for creating platinum or beige shades of blonde. These delicate shades can sometimes be tough to get just right, but Wella Color Charm makes it oh-so-simple.
How to Use Hair Toner
Make sure you’re starting with naturally light blonde, pre-lightened or bleached hair. This toner won’t work on anything else.
You can use the toner on highlights or balayage. But, be aware that because you’re mixing toner with developer, it may lighten darker parts of your hair.
Mix one part of the Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner with two parts of the 20 volume Wella Color Charm Developer.
Pro tip: I always recommend using the same brand of toner and developer. If you use the same brand of toner and developer, the chance of any mishaps is lessened.
Apply the Wella Color Charm mixture to towel-dried hair. (We definitely don’t want it soaking wet.) Leave the mixture on your hair for up to 30 minutes, and continue checking your hair so you don’t over-process.
When you’re ready to remove the Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner, simply rinse. There’s no need to shampoo, but you can apply your favorite conditioner, if you’d like.
Blowdry and style as usual, and voila! You have gorgeous toned hair, courtesy of Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner.
To keep your toner lasting as long as possible, I suggest extending the time you go between washes. Washing less often is the easiest way to keep your new, toned hair looking fresh for as long as possible.
Rather than shampooing in the shower, try out some dry shampoo instead. Learn The Secret to Using Dry Shampoo from my previous blog post on the subject.
So, Why Do I Like Wella Color Charm?
I really like the Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner. There are several reasons why:
- Wella is a huge name in hair. In fact, they’ve been in business for over 130 years. Their innovation in the hair industry has literally changed the way professionals do hair. So, it’s safe to say they pretty much have their act together.
- The economical 1:2 mix ratio. Depending on your hair length or thickness, you can get more than one use out of just one bottle.
- It’s true to color. Depending on what tone your hair is after bleaching, you can expect to see the color on the box on your head once you’re through.
- You can inter-mix shades. If you can’t decide between ashy and warm, go neutral, and mix multiple shades to create your own unique color. I love this about Wella Color Charm because blonde is so much more than just blonde. There are nearly infinite possibilities when it comes to blonde hair.
- You can expect a vibrant color that has long-lasting fade-resistant results. Toner, in general, doesn’t hang around in hair for very long. But, because this one is “permanent”, it is one of the longer-lasting formulas I’ve seen.
- Liquifuse Technology makes for easy mixing and application.
- The shade range allows you to create ashy, warm, or neutral blonde shades easily.
Speaking of Shades…
Shades–we’re not talking about sunglasses here. (Although I have a blog post about those, too!)
Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner has eight gorgeous shades that make it easy to create your dream hair.
T18 Lightest Ash Blonde and T14 Pale Ash Blonde are going to be the ashiest of the bunch. With these shades, you may even be able to achieve the ever-elusive and trendy silver hair look. That’s all depending on your undertones and how light your hair is, of course.
The ashy shades are the best for helping to correct any unwanted warm tones. If that’s what you’re using them for, you can expect more of a neutral outcome. (Because of the color wheel and color theory, duh.)
Then there are the beige babies:
- T27 Medium Beige Blonde
- T15 Pale Beige Blonde
- T11 Lightest Beige Blonde
- T35 Beige Blonde
Definitely select one of these shades by going off the color on the box. They’re all seemingly slightly different but will render different results.
And finally, we have T10 Pale Blonde and T28 Natural Blonde.
All of these blonde shades are absolutely gorgeous, and there’s almost no wrong way to apply the color. It just depends on what type of blonde hair you want for your finished look.
Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner
All in all, I recommend the Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner as an easy to use, quick way to change up your blonde.
Whatever shade you choose, you’ll look gorgeous after using this product!