‘The Godfather’ Max Factor Makeup Review: My Honest Opinion
As a professional in the beauty industry, I always research all of my cosmetics before I buy because I don’t want any questionable ingredients in my makeup that could be bad for my skin or otherwise. That’s why, when I was looking for a new makeup to use, Max Factor caught my eye. I checked the list before purchasing and found nothing that would raise any huge red flags.
I was also immediately impressed because as I read about the brand, I found that Mr. Max Factor is in fact, one of the original fathers of cosmetics. After reading that I dove a little bit deeper into the history and could not wait to try out the products. And on top of that, I loved the price point.
So with that in mind, here are my top 5 favorite Max Factor products.
1) Max Factor Pan Stik – I love the smooth full coverage of the Pan Stik. If you are like me, I want full coverage foundation that does everything. I want my blemishes, and dark spots are hidden without looking like I have ten pounds of makeup caked into every wrinkle and pore on my face. Max Factor foundation does the trick. As long as you take your time and blend correctly, it takes very little to get the complete coverage.
As the name implies, it’s in stick form, so it’s easy and quick to apply, and also convenient to carry around for touch-ups. Let’s not forget, because it is a stick, if you grab yourself a few different shades it’s a beautiful option to add some contouring and highlighting to your routine!
2) Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation – This applies flawlessly. If you go ahead with a damp beauty blender, it comes with a sponge included in the lid, but I honestly prefer different blenders, the results are unreal! This makes it look like you have fantastic skin naturally! This product again is a full coverage foundation and was satisfactory in covering up all of my imperfections that I don’t want to show.
3) Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara – I don’t know about you, but when it comes to my lashes I want drama. Think full, long, fluffy lashes. The wand that this comes with is one of my favorites, using short and somewhat firm bristles. With this mascara, you can achieve a natural look if you only use one coat, but add a few layers, and your lashes will be the star of the show! I love the fact that even with up to three coats, this mascara does not clump my lashes together or give them that weird spidery look. On top of that, it doesn’t get flaky! What more can you possibly dream of? Max Factor mascara for the win.
4) Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer SPF 20 – Primer is an absolute essential. I work long hours at the salon, and I need my makeup to stay in place all day long without melting off from the heat of my blow dryer or getting an accidental shower from the splatter of the shampoo bowl… Mind you, I’m not purposely blowing the heat in my face or splashing my face with water at the shampoo bowl to test it out, but I did have good results with this primer.
It’s a great option for oily to combination skin. My makeup lasted all day long. As a bonus, it has SPF 20. I don’t know about you, but I want to stay young as long possible, and skipping SPF will not do me any favors, so I positively adore finding products that I like with it already added in.
5) Max Factor Lipfinity Lipstick – I am a self-proclaimed lipstick junkie. When it comes to lipstick, I am the pickiest person you will ever meet. I need something that is exceptionally matte and will last me all day long without all of the smudging, flaking or drying out my lips. I don’t have time to be continually fixing my lipstick. The Lipfinity Lipstick fits the bill for an all-day wear product. It’s available in about 26 different shades so no matter your preference, you should be able to find a color that you like. So this is a multiple step system, which I love.
First, you want to exfoliate your lips(I like to use an exfoliating cleanser with a soft bristle toothbrush). If you aren’t going to do that, make sure to at least clean them thoroughly and moisturize. Once you have done that, dab off any excess lip balm or moisturizer that you have left on your lips. Now the fun part! Time to put on the lipstick shade you want! I always apply one smooth, even layer. If you need to use multiple layers, make sure you apply thin layers to ensure you get the best wear. I say this because I have realized that if you use too much product, you will run into trouble throughout the day. Once you get it on, there is a balm that you apply over the top of your lip shade that keeps you moisturized. Plus, you can carry the balm and use it multiple times throughout the day. So in summary, this is an A+ from me!
Overall after experimenting with the max factor product line, I will have to say that I am impressed. It’s nice to find a makeup line that gives me all of the benefits of the high-end makeup brands that I usually use, but with more of a department store price.
I do want to point out that this is a full coverage makeup line, so it is going feel slightly different than what a lot of people use. I highly recommend giving it a chance and just allowing an adjustment period if you are not used to full coverage makeup because no matter what brand you use, it will feel different than a lightweight line. I always used to use a medium coverage, but the older I get, the more I want to conceal.
So yeah. I’m a fan. My advice? Buy now. All of them. Just do it, you won’t be sorry- you’ll even wonder what took so long. By this point, I’m sure you’re curious where to buy Max Factor Makeup. No worries, I included links to all of the products above, just click on the product names. Tip: When they come in the mail, run- don’t walk, to the mailbox.