Top Magnetic Lashes and How to Apply Them
Magnetic lashes are taking the beauty world by storm. Why wouldn’t they be? Magnetic lashes eliminate the need for messy lash glue or the expensive lash extension option.
There are two different types of magnetic lashes that are on the market currently.
There are magnetic lashes that use two lashes with a strip of small magnets to stick together and stay put on your lashes.
And some lashes that have a magnetic strip that uses an eyeliner infused with tiny magnetic particles to help them stick to your lash line.
Why switch to magnetic lashes?
They are easier to reuse than your old pair of lashes that require lash glue. Just take the magnetic lashes off and wipe them clean with a makeup remover covered cotton round, let them dry, and store them for later!
Find links throughout the blog post for a quick purchase of magnetic lashes!
Now let’s talk about the different lashes and how to apply them!
Two sets that stick together
The first set of magnetic lashes comes with two top lashes that will go on your lash line. There is a lash for above your natural lashes and lash for below.
The two lashes are designed with nearly invisible magnets that go from end to end of the lashes.
The magnets allow the two lashes to stick together seamlessly along your natural lash line without any unwanted flare out.
Click here to get your own set of magnetic lashes.
- First, you want to make sure that you are somewhere near a mirror where you can get a close look at what you’re doing.
- Get comfortable! You’re not going to be a pro the first time you apply false lashes. It also sucks to have to find them if you drop them.
- Curl them. Curling your lashes is going to help them blend with the false lashes more seamlessly.
- To help the lashes look more natural, apply a coat of mascara to your natural lashes. (Optional: add a small line of eyeliner to enhance your false lashes even more.)
- Have an applicator handy. A pair of plastic tweezers are helpful! (The magnets on your lashes can stick to metal ones.)
Then you want to take the top lash out of the packaging and make sure that the lash is curved enough that it will lay naturally on your lash line.
- Next, pick up the top lashes with your applicator (or stainless steel tweezers) with the lashes facing away from you and place them on your natural lash line.
- Hold the top lash by the outer edge of the lash and pick up the second lash and place it just below your lash line to meet it with the top lash for the magnets to connect.
- Then check the inner corner of the lashes to make sure the magnets have connected, and the lash is not flaring up at the ends.
Repeat these steps for the other side and any bottom lashes!
To remove the lashes, gently use your index finger and your thumb to grasp the lashes and carefully peel them apart and off of your natural lashes.
Carefully cleanse the lashes with a gentle oil-based makeup cleanser and a q-tip. Let them dry completely and safely store them in a small container with a lid to use later.
Here is a more in-depth guide on how to clean your falsies, whether they are magnetic or traditional strip lashes.
The second set of magnetic lashes that are available on the market is a magnetic lash that will stick to your lash line with the use of eyeliner that is infused with microscopic magnetic particles known as iron oxide.
You use the magnetic eyeliner in place of your eyeliner you usually use and then place the lashes on top.
The eyeliner allows you to use magnetic lashes without the chemical-filled lash glue but still achieve a flawless application every time!
If you’re looking for a pair of lashes with a liner to try, I recommend the Arishine set available here.
- You will start the same way you did with the other lashes! You want to get comfy and find a mirror that you can get a close up in!
- Then, you will apply the magnetic eyeliner. I find that if you take your regular used eyeliner to complete your wing, you won’t have to worry about the lashes sticking to your winged eyeliner.
- You can apply a second coat if it’s needed.
- Let the eyeliner dry completely.
- Next, curl those lashes and coat them in a mascara like stated earlier.
- Take the lash out of the packaging and make sure that it is curved and sized to fit your natural lash line.
- Grab the lash with the provided applicator or some stainless steel tweezers and place the lash on your lash line, ensuring that the corners of the lash are lying down for a natural look.
Then repeat each of the steps for the other side!
For the removal of the magnetic eyeliner lash, you grasp the corner of the lash and gently peel the lash off the eyeliner.
Then care for them the same way you would the others. Carefully scrub the lash with a q-tip, dry completely, and then store!
Both magnetic eyelashes are great options if you want to avoid eyelash glue or are tired of paying for expensive eyelash extensions.
The magnetic eyelashes that use magnets on both lashes are great if you’re going to choose not to use an eyeliner with your lashes for a more natural look.
The lashes with magnetic eyeliner require you to wear eyeliner but are an excellent option for a fool-proof way to quickly apply your lashes in seconds.
Don’t think false lashes are for you? Learn more about lash lifts as an alternative from Mill Pond Salon.
All in all, I think magnetic eyelashes are a trend worth giving a try!