As a new mom and as a woman, in general, I know that stretch marks are just a part of life. But what you might not know is that stretch marks don’t have to be a life sentence. I decided to review Bio-Oil for you here on Team True Beauty so you can find out what this product can do for you and your stretch marks!
- Specially formulated
- Can reduce scars
- Also for uneven skin tone
So, what causes stretch marks?
According to the Mayo Clinic, stretch marks are indented lines or streaks on the skin. They’re usually red, pink, black, blue, or purple in color. The shade of your stretch marks depends on your skin tone and undertones.
There are many reasons why stretch marks might appear. Here are a few:
- Rapid muscle or weight gain
- Family history
- Undergoing breast enlargement surgery
- Having a genetic condition like Cushing’s or Marfan syndrome that weaken the fibers of your skin and cause atypical growth
- Being overweight
- The use of steroid medications
What makes Bio-Oil so good?
Specially formulated, Bio-Oil is incredible for your skin. Here are some stand out ingredients in the Bio-Oil formula:
- Rosemary oil: has a slight antiseptic property. Perfect for invigorating and conditioning the skin.
- Calendula oil: helps to treat sunburnt or damaged skin. This oil can also reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin E: an absolute skin superstar! Vitamin E can restore hydration, protect the skin from nasty free radicals, and can help prevent premature aging.
- Chamomile oil: perfect for sensitive skin. Chamomile oil is soothing and calming to the skin.
- Lavender oil: just like chamomile, it is calming and soothing. This oil also has beneficial antiseptic abilities.
- Purcellin oil™: this emollient leaves you with hydrated and super soft skin. This oil makes Bio-Oil absorb quickly into the skin.
If pampering your skin is your favorite thing to do, check out this list of fantastic sheet masks you have to try!
How do I use Bio-Oil?
Using Bio-Oil is like, really easy.
- Apply a couple of drops of Bio-Oil to your fingertips or directly onto the skin.
- Massage the oil into the skin until it is completely absorbed.
- For the best results, apply Bio-Oil twice a day for at least three months.
Consistency is key with this product! If you know you’re expecting a baby or trying to have a baby; it doesn’t hurt to start early. The bottle says that the best time to start regularly using Bio-Oil to stop pregnancy stretch marks in their tracks is at the beginning of your second trimester.
Prevention, not correction, is always the best method when it comes to your skin.
No stretch marks? Bio-Oil has other uses, too.
Bio-Oil is for more than just stretch marks.
You can successfully use Bio-Oil to reduce the appearance of unwanted scars.
For particularly visible scarring, Bio-Oil is a miracle product. Minimize scars from acne, burns, accidents, scratches, or surgery with the help of Bio-Oil.
But, even if you have blemish-free and scarless skin, this product is still for you.
Bio-Oil is known for the glow it gives.
If you have patchiness or an uneven skin tone, use this oil. With regular application, you’ll see your skin become more even, and you’ll find you’ve got that “I just came back from vacation glow.” But instead, you’ll have that glow all the time.
Bio-Oil nourishes and hydrates the skin, so even if you have great skin, to begin with, it can keep your skin looking as good as it does now, probably forever.
You won’t have to worry about your skin becoming uncomfortable or dry if you’re a regular user of Bio-Oil.
A Bio-Oil Review
You’ll definitely notice Bio-Oil on the store shelves or on your bathroom counter. Its pretty pink coral color stands out! Plus I love the contrast of the pink with the white lid and writing.
The packaging just looks good.
What you’ll notice next is the slightly floral smell that Bio-Oil has. It’s not overpowering, and I think it smells truly timeless and nice!
When you put the oil into your hands and rub it into your skin, you’ll notice it’s a lot lighter in texture than some other oils on the market.
It doesn’t feel sticky or greasy on your skin either, which I love! It takes a little time to soak all the way in, but I feel like with oils, that’s normal.
After I use Bio-Oil, my skin positively glows. Nothing overwhelming or sparkly, but it has a sheen that says, “look at me, I’m happy AND hydrated.”
Even my tattoos look better after an application of Bio-Oil!
I have to say; it’s faded a lot of my older stretch marks too. It’s not like I have totally new skin, but they’re lighter in color and absolutely less noticeable.
When I’m feeling extra lazy, I don’t apply Bio-Oil on my whole body. Instead, I apply it to just my problem areas like my hips to make sure my stretch marks will eventually fade.
Wrapping It Up
If you’re on the fence about Bio-Oil, don’t be!
I personally recommend it to anyone that asks me for a product to reduce their stretch marks and scarring. People swear by it, and so do I!
Give Bio-Oil a shot, and you’ll love the skin you’re in.