Over the years, hair straighteners have become a must-have tool for so much more than just straight hair.
If you’re looking for the most versatile and best flat irons on the market, Team True Beauty has found the one. This flat iron, combined with an excellent heat protectant, will guarantee you have more than a good hair day!
BaByliss is a well-known name in the world of hair and beauty, and I’m loving their BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron.
With so many amazing features, this tool will help you tame your bangs and flyaways, give you a stunningly sleek look, sexy beachy waves, or even bouncy curls.
Why We Love It
There are so many reasons why I love the best flat iron on the market:
- It has super smooth plates made of titanium. These plates allow the flat iron to get super hot and makes sure your BaByliss lasts and lasts.
- It’s so light! This makes it easy to use and guarantees your arm doesn’t give out halfway through getting ready.
- It has 50 heat settings and gets as hot as 450 degrees. A range of heat settings means that whatever your hair texture or type, this baby is going to work for you.
- It’s got a killer ceramic heater. A ceramic heater ensures your flat iron will heat up almost instantly and will straighten your hair up to 40% faster.
- Ryton housing protects your hands, forehead, and ears from burns that nobody wants or needs.
- It’s cute! The light blue color is way more adorable than a traditional black and helps prevent it from getting lost in the shuffle of bathroom clutter.
More Than Just a Flat Iron
The best thing about the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron is that it’s so much more than just a straightening tool.
Get Curly with It!
There are a couple of ways you can get curls without using a curling wand.
- When I want to touch up natural curls or add a little more oomph to them, I take a very small section of hair and wrap it around two fingers.
- Then, I remove the hair from my fingers and clamp down with the flat iron quickly a few times, making sure I get every hair hot.
- You can then hold the piece of hair in your hands until it cools to give a more voluminous bouncy curl, or you can pull down on the end of your hair to loosen it up.
For even more variety, try using one finger or three! Or change the number of fingers for every new section to add more dimension to your look.
Another way to get curls is what I like to call the “ribbon method” because it’s similar to curling ribbon on a present!
- Take a section of your hair, making sure it isn’t too large. The smaller the piece, the tighter the curl will be and the larger the section, the looser it will be.
- Towards the root of the section clamp down with the straightener. Then, twist the straightener away from your face making sure the hair is flowing over the iron. Pull the tool downwards making sure to keep that “twist” with the hair and the flat iron.
- Make sure you do this technique in a pretty quick motion, so your hair doesn’t get any crazy dents or creases. The slower you pull the iron through the tighter your curl will be.
- And don’t forget to practice! This method will take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it makes the most of just one hot tool.
You can create waves with the “ribbon method” by grabbing larger sections, or by pulling through more quickly. This method is the perfect way to create perfect bed-head too. For a messier style, be sure to avoid curling to the ends of your hair.
In my opinion, the easiest way to achieve waves with a flat iron is with braids. Create as many braids as you’d like, securing with a bobby pin or ponytail holder. The more twists, the more waves.
Run the flat iron over the braids. Finish with hairspray. Allow them to cool completely before taking them out and giving them a good tousle. Finish with more spray if you desire.
Waves can even be achieved by simply shifting the direction of the straightener. Using the tool horizontally bend your wrist down and up while moving along each section. Again, the smaller the section, the more defined the waves will be.
Keep Your Hair Healthy
Whatever style you’re going for if you’re using any heat on your hair, it’s super important to protect it, so it doesn’t end up damaged. The absolute best way to shield your hair is with a heat protectant.
The Kenra Platinum Hot Spray works perfectly with the BaBylissPRO straightener.
- To get your best results with this spray and tool combo, first, separate your hair into sections. Spray a section with the heat protectant, and be sure that you’re generous with it.
- You can brush or comb the product through each section if you like. Then, use the straightener or other hot tools like curling iron, blow dryer, or hot rollers.
- Afterward, make sure you seal in your look with hairspray, or finishing spray to ensure a look that lasts.
I recommend adding a heat protecting spray into your routine because it is so important. It protects your hair from damage, which is especially critical for color treated hair.
Kenra’s spray even protects from harmful UV rays and can prolong the wear and hold of your style. Not to mention, it gives you a fantastic shine.
With its lavender and rosemary scent, it will layer well with your other hair care products and leave you smelling like you just left the salon all day long.
If you’re looking for a winning duo of the best flat iron and an amazing heat protectant, I think BaByliss and Kenra should be the ultimate go-to in your hair arsenal!
2 thoughts on “The Best Flat Iron and Thermal Protecting Spray: Winning Duo”
How do I get my hair a very pretty white color hair with some yellow highlights my hairdresser keeps trying but not working she now is recently put a bleech cap on me then gave me a ash color dont know to color my hair it came out ok but I have friggin yellow spots everywhere in patches not evenly it looks weird help
If you want white and gold tones in your hair they are both different tones. To achieve that you would want to have foils put in to separate the tones so that you can get both.