Beard Care Products; Ridiculously Expensive and Worth Every Penny
When it comes to beard care, I’m pretty sure we can agree that nothing but the best will do. I reviewed a few products that came highly recommended but with a high price point, and here are the ones that made my personal cut of worthiness.
Philips Norelco Beardtrimmer 7300
This trimmer costs almost as much as my wife’s monthly cosmetic budget. I figured for that price it better come with a vacation to the Colorado mountains and a cabin in the woods. It didn’t, but honestly, after I used it a few times, I’m okay with that-the built-in perks more than make up for the exorbitant price tag. Here are some of the features that make this Philips Norelco Beardtrimmer 7300 great:
- Vacuum Bag – Unlike the mulch bag attachment on my lawnmower that I never use, the integrated vacuum system on this trimmer is brilliant, and my wife says thank you. No more beard trimmings all over the counter–now they are sucked into a delightful compartment so I can stash them in a keepsake box I plan to pass on to my grandchildren. You bet your ass they’re gonna know how magnificent Grandpa’s beard was back in the day.
- Turbo Speed – Click on Turbo Speed, and this thing explodes with power, volume, and trimmer speed. If your beard is as thick and manly as mine, you will appreciate this feature.
- 18 Lengths – Whether your beard is long and luxurious or you have that intentional five o’clock shadow thing going on, with 18 options, you will find a length you like.
Even those of us with long, luscious beards have to take scissors to it from time to time. If I didn’t trim my beard and shape it just so, it would likely begin to take on a life of its own and my wife might leave me for a Hipster doused in beard oil (I’ll give it to them, the guys know how to shape their beards.) BeardZ has created this excellent beard shaping tool and scissors kit with shaper and styling template comb, and it meets all my shaping needs, and more. A few of my favorite features:
- Shaping Template – The innovative design of the shaper template helps me to maintain the perfect shape and trim on each side. You simply hold the shaper up to your jaw and shave or trim along the curve. It works for trimming the neckline, too. It’s pretty much foolproof and leaves your beard looking like you spent some dough at a barbershop.
- Stainless Steel Durability – The scissors and trimmer are made of durable stainless steel. Unlike plastic combs I’ve used before, this stainless steel combo feels much more substantial and is built to last.
- Double Duty – The shaper also doubles as two different shaped combs. You get more bang for your buck with this design, and it’s fewer items to store for the win.
I have been using my Kent brush for years–it’s the only brand I’ve trusted to smooth my beast of a beard. I don’t know about you, but my beard exudes that wild, unadulterated, yet well-groomed and manly mass of a look rather than an unkempt, haven’t-shaved-since-he-moved-to-Hogwarts look. Which, don’t get me wrong, worked for Hagrid, so surely it will work for you if that’s how you roll. But if you prefer to keep your beard groomed, you need this brush. Top 3 reasons I dig it:
- Hardiness – This Kent Satinwood Bristle Hairbrush has sturdy, real bristles that will tame and shape your beard to absolute perfection. The bristles work hard to maintain your beard and distribute natural oils to keep it shiny but are not so stiff that they’ll scratch your handsome money-maker.
- Quality – The Kent brand, manufactured in Great Britain for over 200 years, is renowned for its excellence. This Satinwood Bristle Brush is the epitome of quality–it has a smooth satinwood handle that feels buttery to the touch.
- Longevity – I have known people who swear they have been using their Kent brush for 35 years–that’s pretty darn close to my entire lifetime, so I have to say, I’m impressed. If one brush can withstand even a few years of working hard to tame my bearded glory, it’s worth the money. If you’re looking for a well-made brush that will withstand the test of time, this is the brush for you.
Philips Norelco Shaver 6400 with Click-On Beard Styler
After I reviewed the Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 7300, I was pretty psyched to try this one as well. The Philips Norelco Shaver 6400 with click-on beard styler doesn’t have the same amount of perks, but it gets the job done and has a boatload of great features in its own right.
- Extra Close Shave – This shaver’s smart design enabled me to get a super close shave, while it perfectly contoured to my cheek and upper jawline. Unlike other electric shavers I’ve used, the shave was smooth and left me with no snagging or irritation.
- Wet or Dry – Designed to work with shave cream or none at all, you can even take this Philips Norelco Shaver 6400 into the shower. I have used it almost entirely submerged in, and it still works perfectly. These versatile features make this the perfect shaver for home or travel.
- Beard Trimmer Attachment – The click-on attachment that comes with this shaver is worth its weight in gold! It attaches quickly and is perfect for precisely trimming under the nose and on the neck, those notoriously tricky areas to trim just right.
There you have it–My list of beard care products that will change the way you cut, shape, and style your beard. If you’re going for the Tom Hanks Castaway look, steer clear. But, if you are looking for products that do the job right the first time and last for years, click the links, get these tools to your front door, and take care of your manly mane like I do.